Informatics in the Clinical Setting
Conduct an interview with someone in an informatics role in a clinical setting. Then, compose a 4-5 pages paper discussing the following components:
- Role description and education level required for the role.
- Describe their views on how their role impacts patient safety and improves the quality of patient care.
- Describe the Human Factors faced in the role and other challenges.
- Express insights gained from the interview.
- Research and discuss the impact of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Patient Safety Indicators and The Joint Commission Patient Safety Goals in your clinical setting. Describe how these governing agencies impact delivery of direct patient care.
- Research, discuss, and identify the Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform (TIGER) utilized in your clinical setting. Be sure to get the perspective of your selected informatics professional during your interview.
- On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.
- Name your document SU_NSG3039_W4_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your response in a 4-5 pages paper to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.