- Paper length: 6 pages minimum; 8 pages maximum, excluding title page and reference page. Points will be deducted for not meeting these requirements.
- The textbook required for this course may not be used as a reference for this assignment.
- A minimum of 3 scholarly references are used. References must be current – no older than 5 years, unless a valid rationale is provided. Consult with the course instructor about using an older source.
- Title page, body of paper, and reference page(s) must be in APA format as presented in the 6th edition of the manual
- Ideas and information from readings and other sources must be cited and cited correctly.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing as presented in the 6th edition of the APA manual
click here for more information on this paper
Directions and Grading Criteria
|Introduction||60||19||Introduction to the paper includes all of the following:· General statements on the idea of nursing theory being applied to solve problems/ issues in nursing practice, regardless of the specialty area of practice.
· A brief one-paragraph summary of a specific nursing theory
· Information on the sections of the paper
|Problem/ Issue||85||26||The problem/issue is substantively discussed.
The problem is clearly in nursing leadership, nursing education, nursing informatics, or health policy.
Scholarly evidence supporting the issue is included.
|Strategy||100||30||All of the following are present:
· One strategy for resolving the identified issue is discussed substantively
· Concepts and principles from the selected nursing theory are clearly applied
· Rationale(s) for the strategy are evident
· Evidence from the scholarly literature supports the discussion
· At least one ethical and/or legal aspect of the strategy is discussed.
|Conclusion||40||13||Concluding paragraph(s) clearly show new knowledge about applying nursing theory gained from writing this paper|
|Paper Requirements||10||3||All of the following requirements are met:
Paper meets length requirements
Minimum of 3 scholarly references
Textbook not used as a reference
References are current – within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided for use of older references
|APA Format||10||3||Title page, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section or topic of the paper.|
|Citations in Text||10||3||Ideas and information that come from readings must be cited and referenced correctly.|
|Writing Mechanics||10||3||Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal written work as found in the 6th edition of the APA manual.|
|Total||325||100||A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.|