Apply business principles to the management of the healthcare organization
POWER POINTclick here for more information on this paper
You have been asked to present your proposed health care facility to the board of directors. Based on your previous assignments, you are to put together a PowerPoint presentation of 15 slides with 300–400 words of speaker notes per slide that includes the following:
- The type of health care facility (Week 1)
- Discuss the type of facility that you are recommending and the rationale behind your recommendation.
- Discuss the type of health care delivery that is provided at the facility.
- Financing the organization (Week 2)
- Discuss the method(s) of reimbursement that you believe will work best for the health care facility that you have proposed to be developed, and explain why you chose that method.
- Discuss the pros and cons of the reimbursement method(s) you chose.
- Discuss the impact that the method(s) may have on the financial operations of the facility that you chose.
- Medical technology (Week 3)
- Discuss the financial and health benefits that can be realized by implementing an electronic health record (EHR).
- Discuss the estimated cost of implementing an EHR and the estimated cost of managing an EHR over the long run.
- Discuss current security concerns surrounding health information technology (HIT) and the EHR.
- Ethical and legal considerations (Week 4)
- Discuss an accrediting body that will provide accreditation to the facility you are proposing.
- Discuss the ethical or legal requirements and responsibilities that a health care organization has in ensuring that its facility is licensed, certified, and accredited. When discussing licensure requirements, ensure that you research requirements based on the state in which you reside.
- Quality measures (Week 5) (This will be a new section as part of your project)
- Research and describe at least 3 measures that you plan to use in your facility that are currently used to gauge quality in health care.
- Set realistic benchmarks for each proposed measurement, and explain the rationale behind the benchmarks that you set.