Describe the relationship and integration between systems and infrastructure. Note:Database and Data Warehousing, Analytics, Interfaces and Cloud Technology, and Infrastructure and Security should be considered.
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a business requirements document and a project plan.You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
click here for more information on this paper
The use of specific software has been suggested however equivalents including but not limited to OpenOffice, Dia, and Open Project are also permitted. If equivalent tools are used, files must be saved and submitted for grading using extensions that are readable by their equivalent Microsoft Windows edition. Assignment submissions that fail to follow this request may result in a reduced grade.
Procuring quality business requirements is an important step toward the design of quality information systems. Completion of a quality requirements document allows user needs and expectations to be captured, so that infrastructure and information systems can be designed properly. Your company, which is a data-collection and analysis company that has been operating less than two (2) years, is seeking to create a repository for collected data beyond standard relational databases. Your ten (10) terabyte data warehouse is expected to grow by 20% each year. You are mindful of data warehousing best practices which will aid you immensely in your requirements gathering effort. Using the requirements document provided in the course shell, you are to speculate on the needs of the company. You must consider current and future requirements; however, assumptions should be realistic and carefully considered.
Section 1: Business Requirements Document
- Write a four to six (4-6) page original business requirements document for the project plan using the template provided. Note: The template is provided under Additional Resources in the Student Center tab of the online course shell.
- Describe the project including the following:
- Describe and define the scope of the project.
- Speculate as to how to control the scope.
iii. Identify possible risks, constraints, and assumptions.
- Describe the relationship and integration between systems and infrastructure. Note:Database and Data Warehousing, Analytics, Interfaces and Cloud Technology, and Infrastructure and Security should be considered.
- Speculate upon potential outsourcing or offshoring needs.
- Identify and justify the necessary resources including staffing that are necessary.
vii. Define relevant terms that will be used throughout project.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.