writing (12 pages) a research paper about Mobile computing and Database technology, sub-topics, including OS, Tools, Apps, IOT, BYOD, social /media engineering, security, etc,
The paper should be written in the style of a formal “literature review.”
Length –Between 12 and 16 pages, including title page, abstract, table of contents table of figures and references.
Sources Reference: Minimum Six (6) sources are required and it is compliance with APA standards.
Spacing Format: Abstract page – single space, the rest of the titles and contents, double spaces.
APA style <<<<< very important
figures: more than 3 with their names
This assignment, described as an “IT Emerging Technologies Review Paper” in Mobile computing and Database technology, sub-topics, including OS, Tools, Apps, IOT, BYOD, social /media engineering, security, etc.,
The paper should be written in the style of a formal “literature review.” You may work on other IT emerging technologies if you know or have done the similar research about it.
- Locate relevant research and literature on one of your selected IT Emerging Technologies
- Understand the current major IT Emerging Technology.
- Review a primary research on an IT emerging technology.
- Evaluate the strengths and limitations of your selected IT emerging technology.
- Enhancing your independent research ability to adopt new technology quickly and wisely.
Written Paperclick here for more information on this paper
The written paper should offer a review of IT Emerging Technology and its important concepts. This paper will describe a sub-topic of IT emerging technology which you selected; you’ll then need to elaborate on how the technology works, how it has been adopted by IT practical world at large, how it has been applied, and what shortcomings have been identified. This will require that you research several sources, which may include books, book chapters, scholarly articles, IT journals and vendor white papers. The most importantly, you need to focus on what is the current state of the technology and future direction of your selected Big Data technology.
Finding the literature
You should focus on one area of the sub-topics of the IT Emerging technologies of your interest as your basic topic, but once you have identified it; you might face an unexpected problem of massive information being collected – narrowing your resources to a manageable body of literature.
Then bring your search “up to date” by following recent studies that lead to your current area of interest. This may require finding a limited number of recent articles, papers and published technology reviews, etc.,
Outlining the paper
Here’s a suggested outline for an IT Emerging Technology Review Paper:
Table of contents and figures
An abstract is an independent text, written in a brief, non-repetitive style that states the essential details of the research presented in this paper. It offers a quick way for the reader to know what is expected to see or to know from this paper.
The introduction places the report into a wider context and points to its relevance. The introduction should present the key terms used and make it clear how the paper contributes to the field by explaining the research objectives, arguing that the research is important and placing the study in the context of previous research.
- Establish the topic and its significance
- Establish need for present research
- Introduce the present research
- Key Term definitions
- Literature Review
- Definitions of concepts — What are the main concepts and how have they been defined? This should include nominal definitions (working definitions used in research to date) and examples of operational definitions if possible (how the concepts actually have been measured). Again, cite primary research on concepts and or supported theories on your selected technology.
- Complete and detailed description of the IT technology and its significant concept(s).
- Relationships among concepts — How do the concepts defined above affect, mediate, or interact with one another? What other factors have come into play in the literature you have reviewed?
- Critique — What are the limitations of the technology? What are proponents and critics concerned about? This likely will include issues of conceptualization, measurement, and general usefulness of the technology.
- Current State of the technology
- Future direction of the technology
- Discussion (Advantages, disadvantages, Impacts, issues, if any, and related applications)