process was introduced in this study unit:
(1) Define the root problem. (2) Identify possible solutions. (3) Evaluate each solution and select the best ones. The fourth step is (4) Implement the solution(s) and
A. determine the cost.
B. evaluate the results.
C. move on to the next problem.
D. document a history of the process.
2. Youre asked to convert a large value (given in centimeters) to its equivalent value in miles. You already know that 30.48 centimeters equals 1 foot. You’ll also need to know that
A. 16 ounces = 1 pound.
B. 2.54 centimeters = 1 inch.
C. 3 feet = 1 yard.
D. 5280 feet = 1 mile.
3. Iron is made in furnaces by combining iron ore and
4. An understanding of _______ will allow you to find the length of a side of a right triangle when you know the length of the two other sides.
5. In trying to identify solutions to a problem, its usually better to
A. list many possible solutions.
B. limit yourself to a few possible solutions.
C. limit others working with you to a few possible solutions.
D. work with only the first possible solution that’s determined.
6. The development of _______ engines required the invention of heat-resistant, lighter-than-steel materials and allowed for the later development of large passenger aircraft.
7. The _______ between the windshield and the dashboard of a particular car could be measured by an engineering technician to be 62º.
B. linear distance
8. Repeatedly attacking a complicated design problem, and continuing to build on the ideas that are successful, is an example of how technology has most often been